This banana bread recipe is super simple and perfect for when you have some extra ripe bananas waiting to be used up. For extra decadence, spread a little peanut butter on your slice. (You can thank us later...)
You will need:
For the banana bread:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 90g sunflower oil
- 125g sugar 200g
- plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
For the chocolate icing:
To make the banana bread:
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin that has been lined and greased.
- Bake for approx 35 mins until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool while you make the icing.
To make the chocolate icing:
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar, water and golden syrup on a low/medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is starting to bubble.
- Take off of the heat, leave to cool for a couple of minutes and then pour the chocolate in. Leave for another couple of minutes and then gently whisk to melt the chocolate before pouring over the banana bread. (Tip, if the chocolate icing begins to seize, just add a splosh of water to bring it back.)