How to Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles
Making these luxurious dark chocolate truffles is the perfect rainy day activity. Whether you’re using our super-easy Truffle Making Kit or experimenting with your own blends of chocolate - the instructions below will help you become your very own Chocolatier in no time. The recipe below will make 30 indulgent truffles.
You will need:
- 267ml of Double Cream (or Vegan equivalent)
- The Cocoa Loco Truffle Making Kit, or the following -
- 200g of chocolate with 55% cocoa solids
- 200g of chocolate with 73% cocoa solids
- 50g of dark chocolate flakes
- 50g of cocoa powder
So grab your bowls and spoons and let’s get going!
2. While the cream is cooling, this is the best time to start melting your chocolate. I personally melt my chocolate on the stovetop, with a bowl on a saucepan of water. (a little tip is to put a toothpick between the bowl and the saucepan - this helps the steam escape). To stop the chocolate from burning, remove it from the stove before it is completely melted and stir until it is fully melted. This step can also be done in the microwave. Start by microwaving the chocolate for 30-40 seconds on medium heat, then mix and continue to heat in 5-second increments.
3. To create your ganache, mix the cream and the melted chocolate together. Mix mix mix until you get that glossy and smooth ganache. Place that mixture into the fridge for two hours.
Once set, they are ready to enjoy!
Your truffles can have endless possibilities, so why not make your own signature truffles? You could take inspiration from your favourite Cocoa Loco truffles. One of my favourites are the sloe gin truffles - to recreate these add a dash of sloe gin into your mixture and then roll in dried raspberry powder. Or you could create coffee, raspberry, coconut or even chilli truffles!